Village Theatre is accepting applications for Scenic Artist for our 2011-2012 Season.
Qualified candidate will have:
• 3 years experience in professional theatre environment as scenic artist.
• Strong arts background with experience in theatrical scenic arts including working with a grid, lay out in perspective, figure drawing, portrait work, color theory, color matching in various mediums, faux finishes and trompe l’oeil painting effects, carving various foams, and texture application.
• Experience working on muslin drops (translucent and opaque) and on scrim.
• Good communication skills and team based working strategies.
• Ability to follow safety procedures in shop and on stage.
Primary responsibilities include drawing, painting, and texturing of scenery as designed by the Scenic Designer, as well as basic shop work of priming, back painting, shop maintenance and paint clean up. This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement between Village Theatre and IATSE Local #15. Season lasts from July 2011 to May 2012. People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply; EOE. Send cover letter, resume, color copies of scenic work or a CD with work samples, and 3 theatre-related references to:
Brad Bixler, Technical Director
303 Front St. N.
Issaquah, WA 98027
Or FAX to 425-395-2961. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted until July 1st, 2011.
The Availability voicemail number is now (206) 470-3800.
If you prefer to use email rather than the voicemail to let Dispatch know of your availability, send it to email@example.com.
Interested in the Local's current news and events? Check out our NEWS page.
Backstage Door Invitations are available to all members and permit workers by sending an email to web (at) ia15.org. Also note that any worker who already has access Backstage can send an invitation to a worker who does not have access. Approval can take up to a few days.
IA15 Webmail These mailboxes are for officers and staff. To reach officers and staff check the Contact page.